Most of the organisations within the Partnership are already working to improve the Island’s rivers within their own specialist fields. However by acting together as a partnership we are able to:
- Work together to understand the issues
- Discuss and agree on outcomes and priorities
- Develop a strategic approach to the improvement of the Island’s rivers
- Work together to tackle difficult issues
- Access funding for partnership projects
- Work collaboratively to deliver work on the ground that improves our rivers
- Raise awareness of issues with land owners, planners, the water company and the general public
- Raise awareness of the beauty of the Island’s water courses
At the moment we work within four sub-groupings, Newport Rivers, Ryde Rivers, the Eastern Yar and it’s catchments and West Wight Rivers. Newport Rivers, which was established nearly 20 years ago meets regularly. The other three have had initial meetings and where appropriate follow-ups, but are still within the process of formation.
We also produce regular newsletters.